- Course start On demand
- Minutes per lesson 90
- Duration 18 hours
- Levels All levels
- Level Test Online & Onsite
Studying English for University in London
We can help you get into the university you want. At the same time, we give you the language skills you need to get the most from your degree studies. Whether you’re studying at Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD level, English for university is a skill in itself. We have three main services for foreign students who study at or want to apply for university in the UK:
- Free University Entry Guidance & Submission – advice on which course and university to choose and what you need before you apply.
- Personalised University Application Support – helping you to apply for university in the UK.
- University Study Skills – giving you the academic language and skills you need on a UK degree course.
Free University Entry Guidance & Submission
Get the most out of your education with Nacel English School London. Our Free UK University Entry Guidance & Submission is a great advice service which our students can access any time before and during their university application to help them adjust to university life at one of our partner universities.
We work with higher education experts to provide students with professional consulting services representing more than 100 UK higher education institutions. Our partner universities include: Queen Mary University of London, University of Bath, Leeds University, Oxford Brooks University, Manchester University, and more.
Personalised University Application Support
Get one-to-one expert help with your university application, including support writing your personal statement and CV in English to ensure that your application looks smart, professional and stands out from the competition.
In four sessions spread out over two weeks, our English language experts will help you write, edit and prepare all the documents you need for a UK university to give you the best chance of a successful application. It’s important that all the information in your application comes from you. So we don’t write the personal statement and CV for you – instead we show you how to write them yourself in appropriate and interesting English. We also help you with corrections and feedback along the way.
University Study Skills
- Developing learner independence to ensure success at university
- Development of different skills needed to carry out research. Such as using articles, the internet, journals and other information sources, and referencing
- Academic listening skills such as extended listening, active listening and note-taking
- Academic reading skills such as understanding text organisation, finding information in texts, summarizing and paraphrasing
- Developing knowledge of different arts and science university subjects through the study of relevant academic texts.
- Academic writing skills such as planning and drafting essays, linking ideas, and paraphrasing and summarising information
- Academic speaking skills such as presenting ideas, leading discussions and seminars, debating and expressing opinions
2 weeks (9 hours per week – 18 hours in total)
If you want to go to university in the UK, you need to be able to use academic English. This is quite different from the English you hear tourists speak in your local hotel! On our 2-week English Study Skills for University course, we will teach you how to understand and use the language on a higher level. This includes vocabulary and phrases you will need for you academic essays, some of the finer points of grammar to impress your professor, and, most importantly, how to create the difference in tone and register which separates academic English from what we use in day-to-day life.
This course is available on the following dates:
- 2nd September – 13th September
- 7th January – 18th January
This English preparation course for university is essential if you are getting ready to apply for a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD course in the UK. But it can also be very helpful if you are already studying at a university in London. The skills you learn with us will make your written work better, resulting in better grades for your essays. At the same time, you will practise listening and speaking using the type of academic English that higher education institutions in England expect.