- Course start On demand
- Minutes per lesson 180
- Duration 50 hours
- Levels All levels
- Price Ask for quote
Learn a language and be inspired creatively through our unique English Plus Art Programme. Have your art displayed in a public exhibition of students’ work in London.
London is at the centre of art innovation and design, with amazing museums, fashionable galleries, and many established and emerging artists. Our course aims to harness these elements to provide an engaging, immersive experience. Enhance your artistic skills and English language equally at Nacel English School London.
The course is led by a UAL graduate (University of Arts London) who has had her work exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts. She is also a qualified English teacher with experience of teaching in Spain and Vietnam. The 2-week course features English lessons every morning and a variety of art activities each afternoon. Art activities cover drawing, water colour, acrylics and collage techniques. In addition, you get a genuine British art scene experience by visiting galleries, museums and famous London sights.
Art activities include:
- Sketching famous London sightseeing spots such as the London Eye or Houses of Parliament
- Trips to the Saatchi Gallery, National Gallery, and National Portrait Gallery
- A visit to UAL – University of Arts London
- An exhibition of the students’ works to the public with a guest appearance from a London-based artist
In addition to this, the course will include research into colour theory, perspective and different styles of art such as abstract, figurative, impressionist, realism, pop art. English Plus Art also focuses on the history and techniques of British artists including John Stezaker (collage), David Hockney (paint), Frank Auerbach (impasto) and Howard Hodgkins (abstract).
This course is designed for people who are interested in art, especially British artists and art techniques popular in the UK. It’s a fantastic idea for any international students who want to study art at a UK university or college because, in addition to giving you the vocabulary you will need for your fine art, art history or graphic design course, we will introduce you to the world-renowned University of Arts London (UAL).
The course is available to groups of ten or more students. We have a choice of teen groups from 12 to 17 and adult groups 18+.
- Qualified Artist and English Teacher
- Chance to visit leading art university – UAL
- Host Family accommodation, Shared Rooms
- Host Family accommodation, Single Room for Group Leader
- Half Board (Breakfast & Dinner provided by host family)
- English Language Course (9 mornings)
- Art course (9 Afternoons + 1 Full Day + 2 Full Days with visits)
- Day Boat Trip to Greenwich with visits to Museums and Market
- Workshop at The Saatchi Gallery
- Students Work Exhibition to the public with guest Artists and local press
- Oyster Travel card (unlimited use zone 1 to 4)
- Unique Materials for a Unique Course
- Free place for Group Leader(s)
- Return Airport Transfers (Heathrow)