- Course start Every Week
- Number of students 10 maximum
- Levels Upper-Intermediate level minimum
- Ages 18+
- Price See detailed prices here
To study at university, you need a good level of English but you also need university study skills to succeed, that is, have the right methodologies to work and learn with others, in the context of UK or European academic studies. This course is designed around for foreign students who study at university or want to apply for university in the UK or Europe. The Online University Skills course will focus on key academic skills such as essay writing, extended listening, critical thinking and participating in discussions and seminars.
The course will develop learner independence to ensure student success at university!
Pricing: See detailed prices here
This course is for people who wish to improve their academic English and skills to prepare for or enhance their performance at university. The course is great for students who want to improve their confidence and learning potential, in an academic setting!
- Learn effective critical thinking skills necessary for studying at university
- Develop listening skills to understand and take effective notes in academic contexts
- Improve academic writing skills such as planning and drafting essays, linking ideas, paraphrasing and summarising information to write high quality academic texts including essays and reports
- Critically evaluate academic texts and use references with proper citation conventions in academic writing
- Enhance academic speaking skills such as presenting ideas, leading discussions and participation in seminars
- Find resources, work with others and lead projects
- Personalised correction and feedback on student homework
- Each student will receive a personal tutorial every 12 weeks to address their individual needs and development
- Detailed end-of-course progress report and English certificate
- All course materials and resources are included